I have got 2 stories to tell you about that.
You may have heard the famous brand of toothpaste “COLGATE”, well my teacher told me this story about 6 years ago…
Colgate’s sale wasn’t increasing after so much of marketing, so the team of H.O.D. and Managers were called for a meeting and the agenda was how should they increase the sale of toothpaste. Everyone was thinking so hard and then a former peon entered the room for serving the water. While they were discussing this, peon listened and said that he have a suggestion regarding this problem. Everyone was thinking that he would be going to give some shitty suggestion. His suggestion was to increase the diameter of hole where we extract the toothpaste. Idea was great and considered and applied to manufacturing units. Results were great. Smart peon.
Another example was of 2 different companies manufacturing the same product. They were facing same problem with the last stage of packing. Their machine was having some bugs, it usually left some packets empty.
One company owner who was from Germany, bought a 2.5 crore machine which uses x-rays to identify that whether packet is filled or empty, and he has to pay for an extra worker who operates the machine.
Another company owner who was from India, bought a 50000 rupees high capacity fans and applied to the final production chain, now the packets were empty will flew away from the chain. No requirement of an extra labour. See how smart.
People in India will tend to reduce efforts from almost every place, that’s our lifestyle. We check several times that is there any short ways of doing the same work before doing it actually. People call it “smart” we call it “जुगाड़”
Amazing Facts about India and Indians
Take a look at some achievements of our country and its people:
1. India is the world`s largest, oldest, continuous civilization.
2. India never invaded any country in her last 10000 years of history.
3. India is the world`s largest democracy.
4. Varanasi, also known as Benares, was called “the ancient city” when Lord Buddha visited it in 500 B.C.E, and is the oldest, continuously inhabited city in the world today.
5. India invented the Number System. Zero was invented by Aryabhatta.
6. The World`s first university was established in Takshashila in 700BC. More than 10,500 students from all over the world studied more than 60 subjects. The University of Nalanda built in the 4th century BC was one of the greatest achievements of ancient India in the field of education.
7. Sanskrit is the mother of all the European languages. Sanskrit is the most suitable language for computer software – a report in Forbes magazine, July 1987.
8. Ayurveda is the earliest school of medicine known to humans. Charaka, the father of medicine consolidated Ayurveda 2500 years ago. Today Ayurveda is fast regaining its rightful place in our civilization.
9. Although modern images of India often show poverty and lack of development, India was the richest country on earth until the time of British invasion in the early 17th Century. Christopher Columbus was attracted by India`s wealth.
10. The art of Navigation was born in the river Sindhu 6000 years ago. The very word Navigation is derived from the Sanskrit word NAVGATIH. The word navy is also derived from Sanskrit `Nou`.
11. Bhaskaracharya calculated the time taken by the earth to orbit the sun hundreds of years before the astronomer Smart. Time taken by earth to orbit the sun: (5th century) 365.258756484 days.
12. The value of pi was first calculated by Budhayana, and he explained the concept of what is known as the Pythagorean Theorem. He discovered this in the 6th century long before the European mathematicians.
13. Algebra, trigonometry and calculus came from India. Quadratic equations were by Sridharacharya in the 11th century. The largest numbers the Greeks and the Romans used were 106 whereas Hindus used numbers as big as 10**53(10 to the power of 53) with specific names as early as 5000 BCE during the Vedic period. Even today, the largest used number is Tera 10**12(10 to the power of 12).
14. IEEE has proved what has been a century old suspicion in the world scientific community that the pioneer of wireless communication was Prof. Jagdish Bose and not Marconi.
15. The earliest reservoir and dam for irrigation was built in Saurashtra.
16. According to Saka King Rudradaman I of 150 CE a beautiful lake called Sudarshana was constructed on the hills of Raivataka during Chandragupta Maurya`s time.
17. Chess (Shataranja or AshtaPada) was invented in India.